Thursday 19 February 2009

Day 26 - February 18th 2009 Rome, Italy

Met Guiza today in the Piazza Farnese for a mezzogiorno coffee and croissant. We spoke in alternating Italian/english and she recommended a few museums that I hadn’t been to yet. I am not sure but I think that I may have witnessed part of Angels and Demons being filmed in the Piazza. They had a big film crew with Panavision cameras on dollies in the Piazza and it looked like serious business. I didn’t get to peer more closely at it because I wanted to chat with Guiza. My double header of class from 3pm to 8:30 went smoothly. In the Wine and Cultures class we had our first tasting in class. We sampled a very tasty white wine from northern Italy then a red from central Italy. The white was very good but the red lacked a little bit in complexity and overall satisfaction. I’m learning so much about viniculture its a bit amazing the complexity of the methods and conventions used in the wine business. After class we went cruising around the town for classmate Toni’s 21st birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment