Monday 2 March 2009

Day 31 - February 23rd 2009 Rome, Italy

Today was Italian club slowdown day at the Lorenzo de’Medici school. What this means is that the LdM school, already very environmentally conscious and does everything to conserve energy and paper etc., turned off its computers and electronic devices and had a day of “slowing down life’s pace.” I could not follow this completely because I brought in my laptop to watch a film by Federico Fellini for my Italian cinema class. But lunch was served by the chef hired by LdM and later that evening traditional Tarantella dancers came and put on a dance and musical presentation. The music was fabulous but I didn’t stay long because I was feeling sick and needed to go home and eat and go to bed. Which I promptly did.

No comments:

Post a Comment